Tuesday, October 6, 2009

3 days left

It's been roughly 3 and 1/2 months since I have seen Jon. I know it's no deployment and we have been able to talk for most of it but I still am sooo excited that the torture is almost over. For now at least. All I can thinking about is seeing him in the airport for the first time in months. I haven't figured out how I am going to react yet. I suppose it's not something I can plan ahead for. Sometimes just thinking about it makes me weak and I feel as if I am going to faint. Other times I get really excited and smile for hours. This will be my first experience meeting him at the airport. You know, the movie scene where the hero comes home to his wife after being gone for what felt like eternity. They run into each others arms and he picks her up and swings her around while locked in what seems to be an everlasting kiss. Who ever says that only happens in movies has obviously never loved a Marine. When I saw Jonathan for the first time after boot camp I lost my breath and couldn't move. I just stood there staring at the guy who has been writing to me for 3 months. The guy who looked nothing like he did when he left me. The guys who I have always been and will always be completely in love with. Then his mom gave me a shove and that's all it took to have me running into his arms.

That day made me realize that no matter what we had to go through we were going to make it. When I got to see him for the first time I knew that I was never going to be able to be without him. I would rather share him with the Marines for a few years then not have him at all. So many people say that their significant other is their everything but I honestly mean it. He is my strength, he is my weakness, he is my love, and he is my anger. Jon is the reason I am who I am and the reason I have become a better person. I have never loved anyone else and I never will. I believe that there is that one other person you are supposed to be with, your soul mate. I know that we are meant to be together. The first time I saw him way back in high school I couldn't stop staring. It was like something was telling me that I needed him in my life but not just yet. Whatever that feeling was I am so glad it stuck around.

After all this rambling my point is that in 3 days I will finally be with my fiance. Scratch that. I feel as if the word fiance was made up for those people who stay engaged for years and years because they are scared of that commitment of forever. I don't need a ring or a piece of paper to know that Jonathan and I are married. January 2, 2010 it will be official but with or without that date Jonathan is my husband. He is my other half. He is the person I have already vowed to spend the rest of my life with because he is the only person who will ever make me feel so complete and so in love.

In 3 days I finally get to be truly happy again<3


Semper Fi<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)