Thursday, February 4, 2010

Switching majors

I am fairly positive that my problem right now is that I am not enjoying what I am learning. I don't enjoy my classes or the information I am getting out of them. It didn't click with me until last night that maybe I need to seriously consider changing my major. I am a junior but between transferring from my community college to my 4 yr and then from a traditional student to an online student at my 4 year has thrown me back to having about 2 more years if not more added on. At first I cried. I was so stressed out thinking about it taking me 6 years or something ridiculous to get my bachelors degree. Now, I feel like this was supposed to happen. I was supposed to be put in this situation to be able to make the decision to change majors. I won't be put any further behind than I already am I know that. It's just a matter of making sure I am picking something that I will love learning about and doing.
I believe I have it narrowed down to a few selections. I have always been the "mom" of my friends. I am the one everyone tells their problems to and I usually come up with effective solutions for them. I love that people feel comfortable enough with me to let me know how they are really feeling and trust my opinion on the situation. I had thought about going into psychology when I was in high school. I don't really know why I didn't go with it but right now it is number 1 on my new major list.
Number 2 is sports medicine. I love sports and I love helping people. Put them together and you get sports therapy or sports medicine. Something along those lines.
My third choice is an RN. I have always been interested but slightly intimidated by this idea. I hate opened wounds and all that jazz but when I know someone is in trouble and needs my help I am the first to be there and figure out what needs to be done.
I can't make a decision unless I am absolutely positive. I can't go though hating all of my classes any longer. It's destroying who I am. I am constantly having to suffer through these classes which wears me out making me miserable. It's not a good place to be at all. Hopefully I can figure this all out soon.




Semper Fi<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)