Friday, April 9, 2010

How suiting... it's raining.

Not just raining, it's pouring. I had to bring my husband to base at 1 this morning to say goodbye for a month. I remember when I had to say goodbye to him before bootcamp. I thought 3 months was forever and the end of the world. Now whenever anyone asks how long he will be gone I say "Only a month." When did I go from thinking 3 months was the end of the world to saying it's only a month? No matter how long my husband is gone the pain is exactly the same.

I had to watch him get on that bus and immediately the tears started flowing. There is one thing the military wife learns fast and learns early; Every time you see those buses your heart drops. No matter what. Saying goodbye is the scariest thing. I know it will go by fast and I know that I can do it. The problem is that we're not together. It feels like he takes half of me with him every time he leaves. That is what hurts the most. Being able to function when your other half isn't around is a task.

When we were saying goodbye one of the guys said "Don't worry, we'll get you back to your wife." I don't know why but this didn't sit well with me. It sent an immediate pain in my gut. It's all I can think about. Granted he is only going to Yuma for training but there are still dangers obviously. He has to fly in one of those military planes from NC to AZ. It will be like a 8 or 9 hour flight on a mesh seat knee to knee with the guys next to him.

This is my first time on my own out in the world. This next month will definitely be interesting. Stay tuned.




I love you Mr. Sykes<3


Semper Fi<3

4 comments:

  1. I'm here if you need to get out and keep busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will need to. After this weekend of moping I'll be all ready to get over myself and go shopping Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay wrong and you will get through the next month just fine : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying bye to the hubbs is always rough. I feel your pain! Staying busy is key (I know, much easier said than done right?) You can do it lady!

    ♥ Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)