Friday, April 23, 2010

Titles are overrated

Let's start this one off by saying I LIKE my job. It's not love but it's a paycheck. I am usually done every day by 2, 3 at the latest. That is a huge bonus because I have every evening off. Plus I never work on the weekends. I really don't think you can get better hours than that. The work isn't hard it's just tedious and sometimes a little on the gross side. Oh well, I'm not a girly girl and someones got to do it! (Still hoping for the on base library job though!!)

Second topic of the evening, I miss my husband :-( Like a super duper amount. I was ok all week because I was staying pretty busy and the week flew by but now that it's Friday I am just super bummed. This is normally our date night but now I'm just chilling with the dog :-( Boo. May 18. I just have to make it until May 18. This is only a little over a month of separation. Deployment is going to kill me. I have a whole new appreciation for all of you ladies who have been through or are going through a deployment. You just climbed another level in my book.

Living a day at a time.



I Love You Mr. Sykes<3



Semper Fi<3

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Now I want to know where you work too. LOL I've been blog stalking for a while, don't be upset ... I'm just really good about it. ; ) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and that library job though ... oh how yummy would it be to work there! : D

    A month is a long time to be away from your husband, and you are going to make it through perfectly ... and when he does deploy one day you are going to kick it's booty too.

    I also admire wives and girlfriends who have gone through deployments. My own deployments as a child were watching my father leave for six or more months at a time, I REALLY respect the men and women of that time who don't have it like we do ... man was it hard not hearing from my dad for months at a time.

    With the boyfriend I kinda think I had it easy at first. I met him as he was leaving and I didn't realize what would become of us and now I know the next deployment will REALLY suck. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at Merry Maids. So I am a personal slave haha. I find cleaning calming and almost like community service so it's pretty rewarding. I just don't feel like doing it for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)