Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've been gone

I know I know, I haven't blogged in a while. Life got busy. I don't even remember what my last post was about.

Anyways, yesterday was baby's 19 week mark! We are almost at the 4 month mark already. Time does fly I suppose. We have our 20 week check up next tuesday but still no date for the anatomy scan which, excuse my language, pisses me off! I called, they called back and said that they would be calling me back soon with an appointment. That was whenever my last post about it was. Well, they haven't called back. I called and left another voicemail last Thursday I believe, still no call back. I keep calling and getting either a busy line or a voicemail. I have no idea what they are doing there but it's certainly not their job.

The lady I babysit for is some officer in the navy and runs the labs at the hospital. She told me that if I wasn't getting the proper quality of care that I need to call Tricare and let them know and they will send me to an off base doctor. Well HELLOOOO!!! I wish I knew that one before. So now I am going to go to my appointment on Tuesday and after that I am going to call Tricare and demand they switch me off base.

If they were packed with people due in March then they should have sent some off base. Pushing back our appointments by MONTHS is definitely NOT ok. I am so aggravated by them. I can't believe their excuse for pushing back an ultrasound I am supposed to get at 20 weeks until about 24 weeks is that there are a lot of women who are due in March and they just don't have that many appointment times. Well then you probably should have thought of that when tricare asked you if you had the space for me or if I should go off base. SOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!

On a positive note, I started working again Monday. I have to wake up around 5:50 on normal days and 5:30 on days when she has duty but the bus picks him up by 8 usually and so I am home around 8:10 to take a nice nap. Then  I go back at 3:30 to wait for the bus and then we do his homework and eat a snack and wait for his parents to come home around 4:30 or 5ish.

It's a pretty sweet deal. I get my days off except for the days when he has a 1/2 day or there is a school holiday. He does have a temper but I knew he would occasionally. He is a sweet kid though. The only real hard part is having to wake up so early but I'm sure my body will get used to the schedule and fix that exhaustion eventually. I usually go to bed by 9, 10 at the latest. But being pregnant makes me tired all the time.

But anyways, it is keeping me busy which I like. And it's bringing in more money which I also like.

I need to go spend some quality time with my puppy. I'll try and be a better blogger.

I Love You Mr. Sykes<3
You too Little Sykes<3

Semper Fi<3

1 comment:

  1. TriCare is SO hit and miss. I tend to only see civilian doctors aside from my primary care because otherwise getting an appointment is near impossible! I was originally going to a doctor on an air force base and I needed to make an appointment and they could only see me two months later and during the day!

    I called TriCare, switched to the nearby Army Hospital, and was seen the day I called to make the appointment. All the specialists they've recommended me to since are all civilian, off base doctors. SO much better.

    Good luck!


Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)