Friday, October 1, 2010

It's October!

Know what that means? Absolutely nothing. Well that's a bit harsh. It does mean I am that much closer to my favorite holiday...Thanksgiving. I am just so excited to go home and have my husband be there with me! I loved being home last time but it didn't feel complete because he couldn't be there with me.

I love being home and I love Thanksgiving AND my baby shower is the weekend after Thanksgiving so theres that too! So much to look forward to NEXT month. As for this month there are a few things on my calendar...

Things like I get to start my new job, I have my 20 week appointment and hopefully they can tell us if were having a boy or a girl, hubby and I are doing one of those marriage enrichment retreats at the end of the month, oh and I get to go to my court hearing #2 for the accident that happened back in June. YAY!

I am really excited about starting my job and for the retreat. As for my 20 week appointment...I'm not so sure how I feel about it. I have to schedule 2 appointments; 20 week check up and an anatomy scan ultrasound. I have my 20 week set for October 19 but I was told I would have to be called back to make the second appointment and might have to wait until November. I'm bummed because I don't know if they will tell us what we are having until we get that anatomy scan.

As for my court date, you can bet your butt I'm not excited about that at all. I think we are going to try and just see the DA ahead of time and show them the paper we have saying everything is taken care of. My fear is that the paper we have will be insufficient again. The first time we had a different paper that didn't say exactly what they wanted and this time it's a little different and I can see where they are going to be picky again.

It's sooooo ridiculous. Who gives someone a YEAR to file a claim on an accident? It might even be 2 years I don't remember. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. You should get like 24 hours to file a claim. It was just a stupid fender bender! I was going like 20 mph and the only damage done was to MY car. The trailer hitch on the other one destroyed my front end and completely protected her car. Oh, and did I mention she was driving with a suspended license? YEA!! So, feeling completely at fault and horrible that she was on her way to take care of her license by paying off her tickets when I rear ended her I told her I would give her 5 minutes to get a friend here to say she was driving instead.

At the time I was thinking I was such an awful person for not being able to stop and hitting her and now she is going to jail while she was on her way to take care of her tickets. But now, I think about how stupid I was and I could have just avoided a ticket instead of clearing my guilty conscience.

Oh well. I guess all I can do is go try and get it taken care of and hope this paper is good enough so that this can all just be dropped and I can forget about it. It's bad enough I am a paranoid driver now.

Anyways, that is my upcoming October. Not too exciting but at least I have "events" spread out enough that it might go by fast. Especially with me working now.

Then on to Thanksgiving!!!

I Love You Mr. Sykes<3
You too Little Sykes<3

Semper Fi<3

3 comments:

  1. september FLEW by...so November will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. October always goes by quickly! It seems to get cold and then BOOM! Thanksgiving! Good luck with the court thing :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)