Monday, July 20, 2009

I love support.

So yesterday every girl I know got a call from their marines. Oh yea EXCEPT ME!!! Soooo unbelievably lame. Anyways, I am so glad that I am at college and not home because I just put on some flip flops and went down town to blow off some steam. I am actually really lucky because one of the guys that is in this summer class with me is in the army, he's a reservist. He understands my situation so he walked around all night with me trying to make me feel better. Did I mention that was our first day meeting?? No matter what branch they serve, military men are the best out there.
I also have to thank my favorite girls, Anna and Angela. You two are absolutely incredible. They knew I was feeling crappy and they kept saying everything I needed to hear and making sure I was ok. They are incredible and I really don't know what I would do without them. Their boyfriends were in my fiance's platoon in boot camp so I like to think we have a special bond :-)
They are my USMC sisters and I thank god for them every day.

I guess the moral of my story is that staying busy really does help but having people who are there for you is icing on top. You're not in this alone. We're the USMC family!

Semper Fi<3

1 comment:

  1. We are a great support for one another. No one understands it like fellow girlfriends/fiances/wives. I'd be lost without them!

    I hate the missing a phone call feeling. I know other girls have gotten phone calls at this point but I have yet to receive one, just facebook chats and emails. And I am SO thankful for those, but it would be great to hear his voice again.

    Glad you have that support system! Keep them close!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)