Saturday, September 11, 2010

I think we have a plan

I posted previously about how my husband and I couldn't agree on a place to settle down after his term is over. Well, after a lot of thinking and discussing yesterday I think we've figured it out.

After bickering back and forth about what we each wanted in a home town I started feeling really distant from him and he felt like I was trying to change who he was. This shook me. It made me realize that where we live isn't important in the slightest. All I want in a home is my husband, our dog and our children. Then I'll be a happy wife and mommy. This is a long way of saying I let him win. haha.

Before the Marine Corps my husband worked on race cars in Nascar. Lets just say he is amazing when it comes to mechanics and really anything to do with anything mechanical. He could get back into that if he wanted to but he left it for a reason. So, the new plan of action is to open our own motor sports shop.

Mr. Sykes has asked one of his really good friends to join us as a partner in this endeavor. I whole heartedly agree on this decision because not only will we have his expertise as well but since we plan to set up shop near his home town we will have connections. His hometown happens to be in Maine right on the border of Canada. Apparently there are only 2 shops in Greenville so if we can bring a variety to the area then we have a good chance at success.

We talked a lot about it last night and since I only have a year or so left on my bachelors in business that I should focus on finishing that before Mr. Sykes gets out of the marine Corps. This is fine with me since I have been trying to decide what to do with my education. Now the solution has fallen into my hands :-)

I am really excited for this all to happen. Since my husband and our friend have the mechanic expertise and I have the business and finance expertise we have a really good basis for being able to make this a family run business.

All the details obviously aren't smoothed out or even figured out yet but we have a really strong idea and will hopefully I will be able to draw up a business plan by the end of the year. Then it will be easier to see what we are lacking and what needs attention.

BUT that is my update and ramble. What this post should really be about is today. September 11, remember?

Nine years ago today our world as we knew it was shattered. Many lives were taken, many given, and all changed. We need to pray for the families who are still suffering from losing loved ones as well as for those families who are sacrificing theirs to the war.

The attack on 9/11 was horrible and losing loved ones to a war is too. Keep everyone involved in your prayers and keep your loved ones close today if you can. If your loved on is over seas thank you for your sacrifice. You will be in my thoughts.

I Love You Mr. Sykes<3
You too Little Sykes<3

Semper Fi<3

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan! Good for you for letting your stubborn side go and thinking about the future. Now if only I can do the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plan sounds great! Congrats on figuring it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)