Monday, May 23, 2011

Yay me!

I am patting myself on the back right now. I have not only lost my baby weight but I am back to what I weighed when I was a freshman in high school! Hello 130 lbs, I missed you. Now, I don't look exactly like I did I just weigh the same. I have bigger boobies and I was incredibly muscular and toned back then. My arms are about all that is toned on my body currently. But I'm working on it. 

I only have one picture of me from my freshman year, at least I'm pretty sure it's my freshman year. 

Here it is. This is where I want to get back to. I miss this bathing suit too. Ironic that my bikini is camo.

This is me at my prom my junior year. I weighed about 135 in this pic. I'm in the purple dress if you didn't figure that one out.


I don't have any recent pics yet but I will soon. Most likely this weekend since I have my husband's family reunion to attend. 

The point is my weight is awesome and now it's time to get some tonage back. 10 months without working out really has one heck of a toll on your body. 

12 weeks after having my wonderful daughter I have lost 40 pounds! Oh, and I only put 30 on during my pregnancy ;-) Yea I rock. 

So how did I do it? Well first of all I was lucky and carried almost all of my baby weight in my belly. A week after she was born without having done any exercise or anything I lost 12 lbs. I didn't really start to work out until 6 weeks after she was born. At that point I weighed 145. 

For the last 6 weeks I have been working out every day (almost) and doing zumba twice a week. My working out consists of 25-30 mins on the eliptical, minimal weight lifting, and some ab workouts. My eliptical at the gym has a work out plan that not only makes you do regular eliptical moves but you also have to reverse your stride, lift your heels, lift your toes in a reverse stride, and use only your arms for a nice break and arm workout. It's seriously the best invention EVER.

As for zumba. I would say most of my body I owe to zumba. All of the dancing has trimmed my waist and really slimmed me down. It's extremely fun and I always look forward to it so it makes working out easy. 

My husband and I were talking last night about working out and I was joking around about looking like a friend who is a female body builder. He said that he would love to see me work to figure out how far I can push myself. At first I laughed so hard I almost peed. Thinking about all of those muscles makes me laugh. Then I started to think of how awesome it would be to be able to physically transform by body the way I want. Now let me tell you this girl is drop dead gorgeous. She only looks all muscular when she does her flexing. If you saw her in public you would just think she is a fit woman. 

It's something to think about. I don't want to compete but now that my husband has put the idea of pushing my body's limits in my head I'm kind of intrigued. 

Anyways... this post is really just a huge pat on my back that I really needed. I feel less like a whale and more like I'm beautiful again :-) Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)