Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I love my husband

I just wanted everyone to know how much I love my husband.

Mr. Sykes isn't always the most open or emotional person to walk the earth. It's been a struggle but he has improved so much and I am so thankful for his efforts to make me happy.

I realize I didn't marry a woman and therefore I shouldn't expect this emotional out pour all the time. I get that now. It's actually better because now when he does show his emotions it's extremely special.

Key example is my husband's status the other day. "Just found out 6 weeks. Bittersweet. The sooner I leave the sooner I get back to my girls."


I immediately teared up. I've had it in my head that he isn't as excited about having a baby girl as he would be about having a little boy. This status just made me realize how stupid I've been. I have the most amazing husband in the world.

He's my other half, my dream come true, and the most supportive and amazing man I've ever met. I'm so lucky to have him and Abigail is extremely lucky to be getting him as her daddy.

I'm officially ready for this deployment. Bring it on. I promise it will only make us stronger. We have our plans set and our daughter on the way. It will be hard, but not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)