Friday, January 7, 2011

There is hope

We had another doctors appointment today. We found out that there may be, just slightly, a little tiny bit of hope that Mr. Sykes will be with me for the birth of our baby girl!

I say a small chance because there have been new circumstances. Our little girl is in breech position, meaning her head is up and her feetsies are down. Since I have a smaller than average uterus because of the  second one taking up some space, the doctor doesn't think that there is enough room for her to rotate herself. She said that she expects to schedule a c-section prior to my due date.

This is where the hope comes in. Jon will be leaving the week I am 37 weeks pregnant. That gives us a chance since the c-section will be most likely needed anywhere between 34-36 weeks, average.

We will be having weekly growth scans to monitor the baby's growth and room in the uterus. Hopefully we will know more soon as to a date of the c-section.

I am not getting my hopes up though. I'm just letting God know that even if she has to come the day before her daddy leaves I will be extremely grateful.

I have to admit I knew she was breech though. Her favorite thing to do is round house kick my bladder. Really can't wait for that to be done with!

Please put some positive thoughts out there for us. This would be an amazing going away gift to our family and especially my husband.


I Love You Mr. Sykes<3
You too Abigail Yvonne<3

6 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed for you!!! I hope it works out for you all. I'll keep you in my prayers (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending positivity and love your way! I hope the timeline works out for you!! Hugs & prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy how things work out huh?! That's great!

    I was breech, my mom said if she knew how easy it was to have a c-section she would of done it with my two brothers, lol!

    Hope everything works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it all works out for you!! I know how great that would be for Jon to be there! Hope it works out the best for y'all and for baby Abigail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so bittersweet. So awesome that he might be there but terrible you have to have a csection! Having a csection is so tough. It makes nursing ALOT harder too. Good luck, you're strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Jon is able to be there for her birth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)