Wednesday, January 26, 2011

True Love

I was watching American Idol tonight and the last contestants story was heart breaking.

He has been with his girlfriend for 8 years and they were engaged for 2. Their wedding was 2 months away when she got into an accident. She now has severe brain damage and needs to be taken care of 24/7. She has to be in a wheel chair and needs everything done for her. I'm not sure if she can talk or not but it doesn't look like she can communicate very well if she can.

My first reaction was how amazing this guy was for standing by her through all of that. Then I realized I was thinking he was amazing because in the back of my head I was thinking how awful it is that the love of his life is like that and he has to take care of her forever.

I don't know if I had a blonde moment or what but how stupid of me to think that. Of course he is going to take care of her. He loves her.

I immediately put myself into the situation and without a doubt I would take care of my husband. No hesitation. He is my world and no matter what I'll always be by his side.

I think that is the true test of true love. If you can put yourself into a situation like that and know without a doubt that you would to anything for the person you love. Leaving would never be an option. Just thinking about it makes my heart break. I couldn't ever be without my husband.

So I turned on American Idol tonight to get a good laugh at all of the ridiculous people trying out. I ended up getting an amazing message and a wonderful reminder of how much I love my husband.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so he would kill me if he knew I was putting this out there on the internet but as we watched that story I was crying and I looked over and there were tears in Mr Soldier's eyes. It was such a good reminder of the importance of love and life and conquering all

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a bittersweet story on American Idol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading your opinions, love, and support. I'm working at getting better at replying to each one of you. If you don't have your email linked to your account feel free to leave it so I can reply. Thanks! :-)